Sunday, May 20, 2012

We are all home now!

It's late, everyone is fast asleep.  Time to update!  Briley's cbc showed her ANC to be 2280!  That's the highest that we ever seen!  It was good enough to send Briley home!   Alicia called me and said to come get them.  I couldn't get out of the door fast enough!  
Since Briley had been running a low grade fever last night, she was given antibiotics that should get her through a day or two.  They know that we will keep an eye on her temp and if need be, we will go to the Seymour Hospital for cultures, count check, and antibiotics.  But we'll pray that her fever stays away.  
We were fortunate to be able to take our church's Yukon to Fort Worth and pick up Briley & Alicia.  The extra room was needed since her legs have to to stay straight out.  Dad and I engineered by building leg supports up from the floorboard by stacking a box, suitcase, and pillows.  Briley got pain meds before we left and it worked pretty good until about Springtown.  We pulled over and gave her some more and it lasted until we got home.  Briley was so excited to be leaving.  She talked & talked & talked.  
She got to try out the little wheelchair when we got home and she looked like a pro wheeling that thing around.  Of course Bryson was excited to see everyone!  I started timing him and Briley how long it would take for them to start fighting. From the time they first saw each other to the first fight..........it only took 30 minutes!  Bryson thought it would be funny if he blocked Briley's wheelchair path by standing in her way or stacking toys in her path.  I'm very surprised that he hasn't tried to give her a ride around the house yet.  And we still have at least 6 weeks to go!  oh-boy..........  
Alicia's sister, brother-in-law & kids came over for a while.  We had a good home cooked meal!  Everyone is thrilled to be home!  
I am now looking forward to sleeping in my own bed again.  Yes, all 4 of us slept in the same bed!  Well, Bryson and I got the boot.  That's ok.  As long as Briley is comfortable.  I guess it's the couch for me and this is one way for Bryson to start sleeping in his bed.  
Briley is scheduled to go back to Cooks this coming Wednesday or Thursday for follow up x-rays.  I hope we can get a vehicle at that time.  I appreciate my co-workers for covering my days while I  was out!  We thank everyone for their support, get well wishes, and prayers.  Words cannot express how much we appreciate everyone! Thank You! 

3 comments:

  1. John, y'all are welcome to take my suburban down there this week if you need it. So glad you're all home together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so good to hear some good news for all of you, may God bless you all & continue to carry all of you during this difficult time we will continue to keep all of you in our prayers! Kelly Stinnett

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear that ya'll are at home. Hopefully things will pick up for your family. You will continually be in my prayers everyday!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers for Briley! God Bless!