Sunday, May 27, 2012

Memorial Day Weekend Update

I'm sorry for not posting since Thursday.  Things have been a tad bit busy around here with the family reunion going on and work!  I want to thank the veterans for your service!  
Briley has been doing very good.  She hasn't had pain meds in a few days!  Hopefully she is past needing meds.  She also has been sleeping all night!  She still hurts some when we move her around, for example, wheelchair to couch, ect.  
We give her baths by laying her on the kitchen counter and I'll hold her head over the sink while Alicia washes her hair!  We've also gotten better at the potty thing.  Now if we can get Bryson out of diapers............
I was very proud of her today at the reunion.  When she came through the door, everyone clapped for her.  Of course, that embarrassed her a little.  I had the water slide set up and she watched the other kids play on it.  Never once did she complain or wanted to be able to join them.  I really don't know how a 4 year old little girl can be so mature about the situation that she's in.  That's been a little blessing in itself.
Glenn came over on Saturday and went to church with us and then to the house for a while.  I know it's been really tough on Glenn and it was good that Alicia and him talked for a while.  
I really don't have much more to report.  I guess that's a good thing.  We appreciate everyone that has brought us food.  That alone has helped tremendously.  She's received get-well cards from Alaska, Michigan, Delaware, Oklahoma, and many different towns across Texas.  Once again, we've been humbled.  Thanks!

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy she is doing better I'm glad she didn't complain about the water slide
    !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. God is so good!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers for Briley! God Bless!