Thursday, June 16, 2011

Cooks for CBC

We just got back from Cooks. Briley went in today for blood work. We were afraid that she would need a blood and/or platelet transfusions, however her counts were great! No need for the transfusions! Her ANC was still low, but up a little from last week. She is also feeling much better today and very talkative.
She will go back next Thursday and if she meets counts, then she will have a very long day of chemo treatments and a spinal tap. We will be there 4 days straight for 4 days of chemo.
Some exciting news: Alicia got a "out of the blue" call a couple of days ago from a pastor that has been following along with the blog. The company he works for wants to start a foundation similar to Make-A-Wish and would like Briley to be their first individual kid to benefit from it. Briley is eligible for Make-A-Wish, however I would love to help this company get this wonderful program off the ground and going. I've been wanting and waiting for the opportunity to give back in some way and I'm hoping this new program will open the door for many seriously ill kids to experience the same joys as Briley will. I have no doubt she will be a great leading example and we will be very open to the program to be able to learn from us as a cancer patient and family. I'm honored they have chosen us to take part in this.
I don't know if I was suppose to say anything about it yet, but we are excited. I will post more details about the company and the program after we get the green light to do so. We have been truly blessed from God to have to wonderful support from family, friends, and strangers. I know I've said it before, but I would hate to think how we would could get through this without all of the support and prayers.
Thank you very much,
John, Alicia, Briley, & Bryson

2 comments:

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers for Briley! God Bless!