Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Close Call

Briley has been running a low grade fever for the past couple of weeks. Her temp has been staying under the 100's until yesterday. She woke up congested with runny nose. Alicia took her temp and it was 100.3. That doesn't seem like much, but for her it is. At 100.5, it's a trip to Cooks for a week stay in the hospital.
Alicia called the clinic and they advised her to take Briley to our local hospital for a check up and a CBC. So we took Briley to see Larry and she still had some what of a red ear, but much better than it has been. Everything else checked out normal and we're thinking it's just sinus issues.
The CBC came back and her ANC is at 100. This is extremely low and the lowest that it's ever been. She is very very prone to infection right now. However, the good news that her hemoglobin (12) and platelets (120) are still very good!
To be able to start the 2nd part of this phase, her ANC must be over 750, platelets over 75, and hemoglobin over 7 (I think). I just don't see her ANC being over 750 by Thursday. This is very common and if that is the case, then they will delay starting the next part for a week. We should hear from the clinic today and hopefully decide something about Thursday.
The other big news of the day. Briley finally gave in and let Alicia shave her head. She just had a few clumps of hair here and there and it didn't look good at all. She wouldn't let us shave it for the past 3 days when it started really falling out. But she did last night and she looks even better than I would have imagine with that bald head! I promise I will try to post pictures on here by tomorrow. I just want to rub her head all day long!

1 comment:

  1. Prayers are being sent up for Briley to feel better soon. She is such a little trooper. If we can ever do anything, please let us know.

    The McAdams'


Thank you for your thoughts & prayers for Briley! God Bless!