Monday, March 7, 2011

We are home & wonderful benefit!

I apologize for not updating more. It's been a whirlwind of a time the past 2 or 3 days. We are finally living at home now!!! The carpets have been taking out and the laminate floors put back in. The doctor advised that we should do this and we hope that it will cut back on sickness and allergies. The kids are very excited to be home! After laying down for bed Sat. night, I think Bryson figured out that he would be staying & sleeping at home now and he kept saying, "Bubba home, Bubba home"!!! It's been good for Briley also. She has not cried near as much and has been very active.
Thanks to the help of a few friends, we moved nearly everything back into the house on Saturday before the benefit. Briley was determined to go to the benefit so we figured we would take her early figuring there wasn't many people there yet. Boy did we figure wrong! We walked in and we couldn't believe how many people were there! Briley's ANC counts were up very high, which is good, so we let her stay for a little while. Then Alicia and I started getting nervous about her catching a "bug" so we took her home. Anyway, we couldn't have been more pleased with the benefit. The food was great and there was a ton of cool auction items. A lot of people put in hard work, money, and time to make it a big success.
There are way to many people to thank for this and I don't know how to thank everyone, but THANK YOU! A special thanks to the SVFD for cooking and working, my EMS co-workers for helping out were they could, Seymour Hospital for helping organizing and spreading the word, Alicia's co-workers for running the auction, Bubba & Cynthia Stout for going on TV to promote the benefit and getting donated food and cooking, Joey Sturgeon for cooking, Danny Hrncirik for cooking, Lance, Jeremy, Bailey, Chris Clerihew and the band, and to everyone to donated the wonderful auction items. We would also like to thank everyone that came out and ate! I know I missed some folks, I'm sorry, but you know who you are and we appreciate you also. So many people have done extraordinary things for Briley that has been such a blessing. We are very blessed to live in Seymour, TX. THANK YOU!!!

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have been at the benefit for you but I'm glad to hear everything is going well so far!!! I was thinking about you though! -Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was at the benifit iI saw Briley she was so cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your thoughts & prayers for Briley! God Bless!